The AITA (Acton Bubble) is a non-profit club, run by the members for the members. We are entering our 50th year. We have:
The Acton Bubble offers both indoor memberships (October - April) and summer memberships (May - September). Summer membership includes access to our four clay courts as well as our two indoor courts when weather does not permit outdoor play.
Club Mixed Double Tournament
Sunday June 10th we hosted our second annual Fast4 mixed-doubles tournament. Again fun was had by all!
Fast4 scoring goes like this: A match is 2 out of 3 sets where a set goes to 4 games with a 5-point “sudden-death” tiebreaker at 3-all. Scoring is no-ad and a 7-point tiebreaker is played in lieu of a 3rd set.
Watch for more fun events like this!!
Planned or Completed Improvements
We are also planning or have made some less-expensive changes at the club:
· Installing a web camera inside the bubble so we can more easily monitor it during snow storms.
· Replacing the outdoor sprinkler controls with a web-enabled “smart” controller that will give us more flexibility in our watering schedule and in turning the watering on and off remotely.
· Purchasing a new snow blower and building or buying a small shed in which to store it.
· Installing a timer for the outdoor lights to make sure they aren’t left on all night.
· Making an enclosure for the materials stored in back of Court 1 and generally improving the “lost-ball” situation back there.
· Modifying the fence between the bubble and Courts A and B to reduce the build-up of snow and prevent the creation of the ice wall that has appeared in recent years on the bubble’s back wall.
Are things looking brighter?
This week all the light in the bubble have replaced with new LED lights. This is all part of the energy saver program with our electric provider. Enjoy!
Did you know?
The club now has WiFi connection for its members? Check out the bulletin board at the club for details!